We recommend bringing the bare minimum when you first arrive, that way you and your new roommates can work out who buys what, to avoid a double up of certain items. However, below is a list of what you’ll need:
- A photocopy of your ID, such as Passport or Driver's Licence to assist in your check in
- Bedding/Linen including a pillow
- Towels and tea towels
- Food and household supplies - until you can arrange a group shop with your housemates
- Cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils etc.
- Laundry supplies – some areas have clothes lines for communal use, all laundries have dryers
- Toasters, irons, ironing boards, TV’s etc. – although some residents wait until meeting their roommates on arrival to share the costs of small appliances